PAGEANT - "Education is the future"
Site Search Help
- This search facility just covers pages within the Pageant website.
- Clicking the search link on any page opens a search page in the same window as the page you were on, with a text box where you can input your search terms.
- If you leave the search box empty, then the results list will show links to all pages in the site.
- The search is case-insensitive - search words need only be entered in lower case.
- The search will find pages containing words starting with the word typed - e.g. 'kit' will find pages with 'kitchen'.
- Common words based on the are not indexed. This reduces the size of the database and the download time. However, as most of these words could be the start of a word which is indexed, you will still get some results. Try 'in'.
- The search ignores wildcards like '*' and '?'.
- If you type several words in the search box, the search facility will find only those pages which have ALL the words you enter (it is a Boolean AND search).
- Words in links to other pages will also be found, so you may think that some of the pages in the list are not really relevant.
- Words containing numerals, words with two or less letters and words which appear only once on a page will not be indexed.
- Words in text supplied by other pages or scripts will not be indexed.
- Do not try to search for "phrases in quotes" - it will just search for the words in the phrase.
- Search results are ranked according to the frequency of the search words on Pageant pages, so that the most relevant pages are probably listed first.
After your first search
- The search results page opens in the same window as the previous page. Clicking a link on this opens the new page in this same window.
- Use the back button to get back to the list of results if you want to follow another link.
The search facility is based on a site search provided by, and can be downloaded for free use.
Please use theif you have any problems with using this search.