PAGEANT - "Education is the future"
Pageant summer party 2018
Pippa reports on this year's Pageant summer party
Sunday 8th July 2018 was a bright and sunny day (really very Gambian in feel) for our Pageant members' summer party. Forty one people sat down for lunch and, even though it was such a warm day, the hot food seemed just as popular as the cold. We managed to provide enough shade for everyone to be comfortable and the bar did a brisk trade in Pimms, cold soft drinks, lager and a little wine. We got through a lot of ice!!! I was too busy to take any photos but if any arrive from those attending I will update this item.
Huge thanks are due to a lot of people for their help and support, including:
- Brian for before-party patio cleaning, painting and general gardening assistance
- Brian and Tina for gazebo erecting
- Ross for collecting the china and cutlery (extremely heavy and sadly he is not here to help me take it back!)
- Chris and his group from church for collecting the tables and chairs
- Ann, Andrew, Tina for some delicious dishes - between the four of us we provided beef domoda, benechin (one fish, one vegetable), chicken yassa, chilli, prawn & vegetable curry, rice and shepherds' pie as the hot dishes: coleslaw, green salad, potato salad, tomato & bean salad, vegetable quiches (one leek, celery and stilton, the other red pepper and goats' cheese) and vegetable samosas as the cold dishes. Yummy!!!
- Marjorie and Brenda for table-laying
- Dave for running the bar
- Brian, Ann and Tina for setting up and kitchen help
- Doreen for providing the bulk of the raffle prizes, including two of her now famous cushions, plus several other members for bringing a raffle prize each
- Tina for looking after the money side of things
- Frances and Carole for selling the raffle tickets
- Liz and Carole plus others for some mega-washing-up
- Fred, Andy & Alastair, Barry, Brian, Andrew & Kathy for returning the tables and chairs....
- And everyone for all their general help and goodwill on the day.